Today I will continue from where we stopped yesterday by looking at different levels of prophecy.
1. Prophecy of the scriptures: This is from the Bible. Nobody can prophesy above the Bible. That is the highest level of the prophetic. Master it, read it and ensure it becomes your syllabus and guide.
2. Prophecy of the calling: That is when somebody is standing in the office of a prophet God called him to. It is the second level of the prophetic flow. It can also be in any ministry or any gifts of the spirit. Everybody is called to evangelize but you cannot evangelize like an evangelist. Everybody is called to be able to teach, but that does not mean you will function at the level of the person that God called to be a teacher. Every one of us is called to show care and love to one another but that is not at the same level as the care of a shepherd’s heart.
3. Prophecy of the environment: When a person gets into an anointed atmosphere; you remember Saul, the first king of Israel in I Samuel chapter 9? Samuel said to him that when you depart from me today, you will meet a company of Prophets and you will prophesy and when Saul got into their midst, the bible says he began to prophesy with them such that the people started to ask if Saul was also among the prophets. There are prophetic environments that catch up your spirit and for a moment you share in the flow of the atmosphere.
When you step out of that atmosphere, it does not mean, you will continue like that. That’s a level of prophecies in an atmosphere that is so powerfully anointed and you get to operate at a level beyond your normal level. It’s wonderful, but don’t let it confuse you to think that you are now a prophet to the nations.
4. The gift of prophecy that the bible speaks of
5. Prophecy of the anointing.
When you understand the different levels of prophecy, it helps you to cooperate with the operations and stay safe in divine workings.
Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the understanding you have supplied to me today, let the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ rest on me to apply these truths to my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Bible in a year : Exodus 35:10-36:38, Matthew 27:32-66, Psalm 34:1-10, Proverbs 9:7-8