Today, we will continue on our study on how to develop and maintain an effective prayer life.
1. You must resist the devil. Luke 11:4 Jesus said; “lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.” God wants us to pray about the direct work of the devil. (James 4:7b, 1Peter 5:8-9.). He wants us to pray against them and frustrate them in the place of prayer so that they will not be able to hinder our prayers from being answered.
2. Pray to get an answer.
Don't beg or complain. Complaining is definitely not praying. Bring your requests and heart desires to the Lord in the place of prayer. However, to develop a sound prayer life is one thing, maintaining it is another. I will show you this morning, some of the things that will help you to keep your prayer life ever effective. You do not have to feel spiritual before you start to pray. Know that you have to develop a life that prays and stands in the gap for others through prayers and supplications. Raise a personal prayer altar where you can communicate freely with God without any hindrance.
3. Pray the mind of God: You must pray if you are going to be successful. Prayer does not change the mind of God; it only changes the circumstances of man. A key to maintaining a successful prayer life is to first of all find out what the mind of God is before you start praying. You pray the mind of God when you pray in the spirit. So, cultivate the habit of praying in the spirit regularly
4. Get into your closet: Mat 6:6. Physically speaking, the closet is a chamber on the ground floor in an oriental house for storing things. Now, with respect to your prayer life, this is a place or time in which you are free from distractions of life. You can have your privacy with the Father, to discuss, interact and share your heart together and hear what He has to say to you without any restraint.
5. Keep a prayer schedule/timetable and operate where there is a correct prayer structure. Have a prayer time that you keep personally. Dan 6:10
6. Pray the word: Always get the word of God (the spoken word or the written word) for every situation you are dealing with in your prayers. What the devil respect is the Word of God not your argument.