Many people do not get to the end of their journey in life, not because the journey, assignment and the project were not ordained of God but because of some critical things that were not taken care of. The following are some things you need to take note of if you will end well in life:
1. From verse 1, Paul and the other prisoners were delivered into the hand of a centurion called Justus. You must remember in your prayer, everyone whose decision will determine your journey or progress in life. It was the costly decision of this man that almost cost the lives of the people. Take time to pray for people who still have power to make decisions that can affect you. Pray for people in authority: your boss in your place of work, your parents, your pastor etc.
2. You must not neglect the warning signals of God in your life. Understand divine communications in your life and treasure it (Vs. 6 – 10).
3. Always make sure you have in the ship of your life, someone who knows the voice of the Lord over you and can show you the mind of God. Never get yourself to a point where the prophetic will be shut down in your direction (Vs.10).
4. Never get yourself into a point where you believe the word of an expert more than the true word of God. Except the word of the expert agrees with the word from the Lord or the anointed, who has the word of the Lord agrees with the expert, it is always better to follow the voice of the Lord (vs.11).
5. Be careful of people who genuinely love you but don’t understand the counsel of the Lord over you. Guard yourself against men’s opinions in life; don’t follow the way of the people, follow the way of the Lord (vs.12).
6. Be careful of satanic deceptions. They come under different guiles. Their purpose is to distract you, take the gold in your hand and give you brass instead. Be diligent lest you allow the enemy to present open trap to you as open doors. (vs.13)
7. You will be responsible for the consequences of your disobedience to the instructions of the Lord, while God will be responsible for the consequences of your obedience to His divine instructions (vs.14 – 20). They suffered the loss of all things in the ship because of their negligence to divine instructions.
8. Whatever you will do, secure the audience of God as you go on in life. Secure His presence and covenant; they will be your anchor when storms arise.
9. If you will not sink and perish with others in the crises of life, you must know who you believe and whom you serve. You must know God as one who is able to save to the uttermost, the very present help in trouble (vs. 24 – 25; Heb.7:25, Ps.46:1 – 2).
Prayer: Lord, I pray that You will help me to pay close attention to divine instructions and not despise Your warning signals in my life in Jesus name. Amen.