Marriage is enjoyable, but the issue with many people is that men and women enter marriage with great expectations but very little preparation. Looking at my marriage today, we started with nothing, but God has blessed our marriage. I don’t know anything that you will do that will make God bless you more than in marriage. God can come into your marriage and use it for something powerful. I will share with you some godly counsel to make your marriage enjoyable and powerful.
1. Believe the best in each other.
2. Build on the strengths of each other. Dig out the strength of each other and build on it. Don’t dig out the negative in each other.
3. Don’t go to sleep with an unresolved issue in your home. This is a key principle to a life of continuous victory and joy in marriage.
4. Use words constructively. Don’t forget the principle of dealing with the issue and not the person for a stronger relationship.
5. Handle money with godly wisdom and avoid debt.
6. Be teachable and open to counsels that can help your marriage.
7. Solve problems immediately. Remember that time does not heal the wound; it only numbs the pain.
8. Recognize the difference between problems and weaknesses. The clash of weaknesses generates problems.
So, identify your weakness, face it, and solve it on your own with the help of the Holy Spirit or seek spiritual help.
9. Deal with ancestral problems. Identify the ancestry you are coming from. If God does not come into your life, you are likely to repeat the traits of your ancestors. It is good for you to know the negative traits of your ancestors and build defences against their manifestations in your life and marriage.
10. Get close to God individually. Let the decisions that come from your walk with God and your love for each other produce the bulk of changes in your marriage, not accidents.
11. After God, make your spouse a priority and not an addendum to your marriage.
PRAYER: LORD, help me to apply these godly counsel to my marriage and build a home that brings glory to You always. Amen!
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Malachi 1:1-2:17; Revelation 21:1-27; Psalm 149:1-9; Proverbs 31:10-24 (Please note that you can follow this month's devotional on YouVersions's The Bible App using the link: http://bible.us/r/AsA. Thank you!) ———————————————————— ———————————————————— www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org www.soundcloud.com/reverendareogun www.dciradio.org https://bit.ly/SpiritMeatDailyDevotionalWhatsApp YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries +2348037252124 #SpiritMeat #ReverendAreogun ———————————————————— Copyright ©️ 2023 The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorized the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.