The Church is first likened to a sheepfold, and then an army. The sheepfold represents love and care while the army teaches responsibility. Let us consider how to relate to the Chief Shepherd. Jesus Christ is the Chief Shepherd; the Bishop and Shepherd of our souls (1 Pet. 2:25).
In every true church, the Chief Shepherd takes the pre-eminence. Anyone who seeks to put himself in a place of greater relevance and pre-eminence than Jesus is a thief and a robber (Joh. 10:1).
Today’s passage shows us five kinds of relationships every believer should have with the Chief Shepherd, namely:
1. INTIMACY AND KNOWING: He wants you to learn from Him and know Him intimately (Mat. 11:27-29). The priority of God in saving you is that you may have a living relationship with Him.
2. LEADERSHIP: He wants to lead you into His highest purpose for your life and He will accomplish this many times through your pastor.
3. FEEDING THE FLOCK: God is particular about how His children turn out and He will always give you shepherds after His heart that will feed you with knowledge and understanding (Jer. 3:15).
4. HEARING: The written word of God introduces you to the Living Word and you must prioritise God’s word to have your spiritual ears attuned to the Lord’s voice.
5. ASSIGNMENT: Your salvation and church membership should lead you to take up Kingdom responsibility assigned to you by your pastor.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I receive grace to relate properly with You as my Chief Shepherd, that I may know You the more this year in Jesus’ name. Amen!
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 32:28-52; Luke 12:35-59; Psalm 78:56-64; Proverbs 12:24 (Please note that you can follow this months devotional on YouVersion's The Bible App using this link: http://bible.us/r/9XT. Thank you!)
Dearly Beloved of God,
Greetings to you in the matchless name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
You are specially invited to the 2023 edition of our ANNUAL RESURRECTION FAITH SEMINAR (RFS).
The details of this year’s edition of RFS are as follows:
Date: 6th – 9th April, 2023 (Thursday – Sunday).
Time: Thursday: 5-9pm; Friday-Saturday: 8am-2pm, 5-9pm; Sunday: 8am-12noon (GMT+1)
Venue: The Dream Centre Headquarters, Close to November 27 Interchange (Ona baba Ona Bridge) before the State Secretariat, Abere, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Ministering: Rev. Olusola + Oyenike Areogun (Hosts), Rev Akinlolu Raphael, Pastor Tunde Jaiyebo and Rev Emiko Amotsuka
All sessions will be streamed online on our streaming platforms.
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/DreamCentreLiveSTREAMING/live
- Church Website: https://lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming/
- dciradio: http://dciradio.org
- Mixlr: https://mixlr.com/reverendareogun
- Telegram: https://t.me/DCNewLiveUpdates?livestream
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/ReverendAreogun
Enquiries: For enquiries on accommodation, feeding, tapes and books from this conference and other logistics, please call +2307034153461; +2349079912254; +2348066509112, +2348037252124
Come, all things are yours!
Come, all things are ready!!!
Jesus is LORD!
REV. OLUSOLA + OYENIKE AREOGUN
———————————————————— www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org www.soundcloud.com/reverendareogun www.dciradio.org YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries +2348037252124 #SpiritMeat #ReverendAreogun ———————————————————— Copyright ©️ 2023 The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorized the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.