November

18 Nov 2021: WHAT ARE YOU BECOMING? – Genesis 45:1-16, 1 Corinthians 2:8

God is more interested in what you are becoming than in what you are. And that is what the Holy Spirit wants to show you. Some people have chosen and made decisions based on the present. When you meet some people, you meet them at their best; and from that point on, it is a downward journey. And some other people, when you meet them, you meet them at their worst, and from that point on, they are going upward and forward. For example, as a single sister that is about to choose a life partner, you may see a brother now that looks like failure personified; he may be battling with circumstances in the current season of his life that are going to shift and change for the better in the future. Anyone who met Joseph in the prison would have called him a prisoner. If you saw Joseph as Potipharโ€™s house-boy, would you have thought much about him? But that was the Prime Minister to be. If you get involved with those types of people, your life just keeps accelerating because you made the right choice.

As a Christian, you must get four questions right for your life to be in the centre of the will of God for you:

1. What work should I do? (Job)
2. Where should I settle? (Location)
3. Who should I marry? (Marriage), and
4. Which church should I attend?

Some of the decisions are permanent. For example, if you marry wrongly, 80% of your life is gone and you just have to manage the rest of the 20%.

PRAYER: Father, I thank You for Your choices over my life. I receive the help of the Holy Spirit to get it right in all these four areas in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Ezekiel 37:1-38:23, James 1:19-2:17, Psalm 117:1-2, Proverbs 28:1





Related Articles

Back to top button