Today, I will be listing out practical points to bring into your marriage.
1. Believe the best of each other.
2. Build on the strength of each other – dig out the strength in each other and build on it. Don’t dig out the negative in each other.
3. Don’t go to sleep unreconciled.
4. Use words constructively.
5. Handle money with godly wisdom, avoiding debt.
6. Be teachable, be open to understanding that can help your marriage.
7. Solve problems immediately – remember, time does not heal the wound, it only numbs the pain.
8. Recognise the difference between problems and weakness – the clash of weaknesses generates problems that people deal with, so identify your weakness, face it and solve it on your own with the Holy Spirit or spiritual help outside.
9. Deal with ancestral problems – identify the ancestry you are coming from. If God did not come into your, life you are likely to repeat the traits of your ancestors, so it is good for you to know the traits of your ancestors and build defences against such manifesting in your life and marriage.
10. Get close to God individually – let the decisions that come from your walk with God and love for each other produce the bulk of changes in your marriage, not accidents.
11. After God, make your spouse a priority in your marriage and not an addendum. The order in your life should be God first, your marriage next and every other thing coming after. You must honestly identify what is number two in your life. For most Christians, even though God is number one, their marriage is not number two. It is a tragedy to identify pastors who make ministry number two and their wife number three. For business people, their career is number two, and this is not only a problem for men.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the baptism of wisdom to order my home in the order of the kingdom.
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Zechariah 14:1-21, Revelation 20:1-15, Psalm 148:1-14, Proverbs 31:8-9