Yesterday, we learnt about churches that are empires and clubs. Today, we will continue with the other two kinds of churches:
3. A CULT: This arises when the devil or his agents start a church to deceive people. These kinds of churches are becoming more sophisticated by the day, but strange things are placed in their foundation and these bring negative spiritual flows into the lives of people who worship there. Since the devil can counterfeit power, these cults always have a semblance of supernatural power. Unexplainable cycles of evil happen in these cults and it takes a discerning heart to be free from their lure. They often have unbiblical practices among them and some people notice a sharp downward trend after joining these churches.
4. A GOD-ORDAINED CHURCH: God starts a church with three incontrovertible elements. The first element is God Himself.
God has a purpose to achieve and that is the origin of a genuine church.
Secondly, God calls a man to lead that church. Many times, God calls the man away from his agenda and gives him covenants that describe the commitment of God in his assembly. Thirdly, God calls people to become members of that church to team up with the pastor to achieve His original purpose. This is the kind of church Jesus referred to in Matthew 16:18-19.
While all the four may look alike, it is the church founded on the Spirit of Christ which leads the people of God into His purpose and plan for them that God approves of. Believers need to distinguish between churches to avoid being trapped in the wrong one.
PRAYER: Lord, build Your church through me. Let my membership lead to an increase of Your Kingdom on earth in Jesus’ name. Amen!
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 23:1-25:19; Luke 10:13-37; Psalm 75:1-10; Proverbs 12:12-14 (Please note that you can follow this months devotional on YouVersion's The Bible App using this link: http://bible.us/r/9XT. Thank you!)
Dearly Beloved of God,
Greetings to you in the matchless name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
You are specially invited to the 2023 edition of our ANNUAL RESURRECTION FAITH SEMINAR (RFS).
The details of this year’s edition of RFS are as follows:
Date: 6th – 9th April, 2023 (Thursday – Sunday).
Time: Thursday: 5-9pm; Friday-Saturday: 8am-2pm, 5-9pm; Sunday: 8am-12noon (GMT+1)
Venue: The Dream Centre Headquarters, Close to November 27 Interchange (Ona baba Ona Bridge) before the State Secretariat, Abere, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Ministering: Rev. Olusola + Oyenike Areogun (Hosts), Rev Akinlolu Raphael, Pastor Tunde Jaiyebo and Rev Emiko Amotsuka
All sessions will be streamed online on our streaming platforms.
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/DreamCentreLiveSTREAMING/live
- Church Website: https://lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming/
- dciradio: http://dciradio.org
- Mixlr: https://mixlr.com/reverendareogun
- Telegram: https://t.me/DCNewLiveUpdates?livestream
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/ReverendAreogun
Enquiries: For enquiries on accommodation, feeding, tapes and books from this conference and other logistics, please call +2307034153461; +2349079912254; +2348066509112, +2348037252124
Come, all things are yours!
Come, all things are ready!!!
Jesus is LORD!
REV. OLUSOLA + OYENIKE AREOGUN
———————————————————— www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org www.soundcloud.com/reverendareogun www.dciradio.org YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries +2348037252124 #SpiritMeat #ReverendAreogun ———————————————————— Copyright ©️ 2023 The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorized the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.