1. Stay away from un-anointed atmosphere. Create an atmosphere of anointing, worship and praise. Regularly, listen to messages.
2. Maintain close contact with authentic gifts and callings of the Holy Spirit. Stop staying around strange spiritual influences: false prophets and people that operate in falsehood. Find genuine ministers around you and listen to them. Attend their ministry and listen to their tapes.
3. Increase your intake of the word of God. One of the signs of spiritual sickness is losing appetite for the word of God. Study the Bible regularly. Read the Bible through in a year.
4. Increase your confession of the word of God. Your word affects your spirit.
5. Regular fasting. Fasting is a booster for spiritual activities. Majority of Christians are struggling because they can't get to the frequency that God is communicating with them. Fasting fine tunes your frequency to the frequency of the Holy Spirit. If you’re not concentrating on something spiritual, you are not fasting but just doing hunger strike. However, you should know that fasting does not change God, fasting changes you. Don’t use fasting to bribe God to change His mind concerning a matter.
6. Allow the fruit of the spirit to grow in you.
7. Reduce emotionalism. Don't let your emotion or another person's emotion rule you. Negative passion reduces spiritual sensitivity. Anger, wrath, malice and offences are all enemies of spiritual sensitivity.
8. Spend more time speaking in tongues.
9. Instant obedience to divine signal. Divine signal comes through your conscience.
10. Learning to rebuke wrong spirit. Cast down every evil imagination, anything that is against the knowledge of God. Learn to walk with the Lord until your heart is stronger than your brain, body, and men's opinion. Your body language in the presence of God is a signal to the attitude of God towards you.