Note that Satan violated all the principles and laws of greatness and he has become an eternal failure. Don’t join him, if you are going to be great, you need to make someone else great. The following are the practical things you can do:
1. Do nothing out of strife and vain glory (Phil 2:1-2a)- Don’t do anything for show off, people that want to show off can’t stand another person’s greatness. Do nothing because of strife or vain glory.
2. Esteem others better than yourself (Phil 2:2b)- It becomes easy to work for the greatness of somebody when you esteem the person better than yourself.
3. Destroy every trace of selfishness (Phil 2:4a)- Selfishness makes a man small because he thinks of himself and he is concerned about what he can get. Think about what you can give to others, not what you can get from them. Don’t just be concerned about your own things all the time.
4. Be concerned about the wellbeing of another person (Phil 2:4b)- Don’t be concerned with your greatness (Jeremiah 45:5).
5. Allow the mind of Christ to grow in you (Phil 2:5-6)- The mind of Christ is the mindset that understands the law of greatness. Allow the mind of Christ to grow in you - you can allow the mind of flesh or the mind of Christ. The way to allow the mind of Christ to grow in you is to feed on the word of God and meditate on Christ, on the Bible, looking into the mirror of God constantly. In this world, all kinds of things want to grow in us because we have all kinds of pictures inside us that the devil placed before us. Put the right picture in front of yourself.
PRAYER: Lord, let the mind of Christ be fully birthed in me in Jesus’ name. Amen!
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 45:13-46:24, 1 Peter 1:13-2:10, Psalm 119:33-48, Proverbs 28:11