Apart from the Word of God, speaking in tongues is the other ingredient that increases the influence of your spirit in the spirit realm. That is why believers ought to speak in tongues as much as they can.
Speaking in tongues is by the agency of the Holy Spirit. I am persuaded that every believer should be filled with the Holy Ghost with the accompanying evidence of speaking in tongues.
The Bible makes it very plain that speaking in tongues is peculiarly a New Testament experience. It is also a peculiar experience of only those who are born-again. This experience is also peculiar to the arrival of the Holy Ghost in the heart of a born-again person in a full measure. What this means is this: no one can speak in tongues without a full baptism of the Holy Ghost. Only those who are born-again and have received the baptism of the Holy Ghost will be able to speak in tongues.
Let me share some of the blessings of speaking in tongues with you:
1. It opens your spirit to the realities of the spirit realm. This is so since praying in tongues is your spirit praying.
2. It builds up your spirit for exploits as seen before in 1 Corinthians 14:2 and Jude 20.
3. It brings calm and quiet to your mind.
4. You are able to pray for things you never knew before or thought of as seen in 1 Corinthians 14:2.
5. It helps you to pray longer, better and reduces your chances of selfishness in prayer.
Speaking in tongues when you have been filled with the Holy Ghost introduces a new dimension of operation in the spirit realm to your human spirit.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive sensitivity to yield to the pull of the Holy Spirit and I receive all helps available through speaking in tongues in Jesus’ name. Amen!
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 39:1-41:16, Matthew 12:46-13:23, Psalm 17:1-15, Proverbs 3:33-35