The attacks of the devil catch many believers unprepared and unaware on many occasions and this is not a safe position to be in. Some facts about attacks from Satan are listed below:
1. They are not authorized by God. Isaiah 54:15. Such attacks are engineered by the devil and they are ordained of God to fail.
2. Attacks from the devil can be resisted and defeated. 1 Pet 5:8-10. The only thing you cannot resist is what God has authorized and sanctioned.
From the account of Peter, he revealed the following about the devil
• The devil is your adversary and not your adviser.
• You are to resist the devil steadfastly.
• The devil walking around, seeking whom he may devour connotes that he needs your permission to operate in your life.
• When the attack of the devil comes, there will be a season of suffering involved, but that season of suffering is temporal.
• What determines the duration of the suffering from the attacks of the devil is how you handle the suffering i.e what you do while the suffering is going on. The suffering of the devil is however designed to kill you if you don't do anything about it.
All the pressure of the devil is directed against your outward man i.e your body and your soul 1 Cor 4:16. And Paul further revealed that “our light affliction which is but for a moment” vs 17. As in 1 pet 5:10 resisting the devil despite the suffering will make you Perfect, Established. Strengthened and Settled.
3. Attacks of Satan will never be beyond your ability to handle. 1 Cor 10:13.
Prayer: Lord, I pray that you will shine your light on every area of darkness and hidden aspects of my life where the devil appears to be taking advantage of me in Jesus’ name.