Your purpose is the original intention of God for your life before you were formed in your mother’s womb. This is the assignment God designed you to fulfil and perform on the earth. It is the reason for your existence. God wants you to pursue divine purpose above every other thing. The discovery and pursuit of divine purpose will do the following for you.
1. It will make you: submission to divine purpose will transform you to what God wants you to be.
2. It will preserve you: The secret of divine preservation is being in the center of God’s purpose for your life.
3. It will affect your choices: it changes your priorities from immediate to eternal.
4. It will identify you to your generation: Jesus, Paul and the Apostles were identified to their generation because they pursued their purposes and fulfilled it.
5. It will attract the help of God to you: Just as every vision has its provision, God locates help and helpers at every junction of your destiny and purpose in life.
6. It will help you to overcome frustration and discouragement. There is fulfilment in your purpose.
7. It will make you like a textbook for others to follow: Your life will command a following when you work your purpose to manifestation. People will begin to see God in you.
8. It helps you to evaluate your life effectively: This becomes easy as you can benchmark your achieved goals with God’s target for your life.
A life not lived in purpose gets wasted and distracted from God’s target. This discovery and pursuit of purpose is what focuses our lives and redefines our scope of existence. Don’t just stop at the point of discovery, press on with God to pursue your destiny and become all that you were created to be.
Prayer: Lord, baptize me with the hunger and thirst to pursue my purpose for life and destiny in order to fulfill it in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Bible in a year: Song of Solomon 5:1-8:14, 2 Corinthians 9:1-15, Psalm 51:1-19, Proverbs 22:24-25