The prodigal heart is a heart that lacks value and drags the person involved into activities that makes the person become useless. A prodigal heart will cost you the following things if you don’t deal with it:
1. Valuable Relationships: A prodigal heart destroys valuable relationships. It may cost you your spouse, children, parents or friends. The prodigal son lost the comfort of his father. Value what you have when you have them not when they‘re gone. Don’t let your father or spouse think something in their heart towards you and not be able to tell you.
2. Your position in the things of God. This is the greatest possession anyone can have, it is a place in the program of God but a prodigal heart is a heart that will lose it all.
3. Loss of autonomy: God won’t give you what you‘re asking for but what you can handle and you are ready for. What you can’t manage will be withheld from you. The proof of your management of a resource or opportunity lies in the profit you make from it. Manage your relationships well to guarantee 85% of your success in life.
4. Your future: The prodigal spirit results in generational poverty. It sells the future today like Esau without considering the aftermath and the implication of the act.
5. Your possession: The prodigal son lost all he had in wasteful living and was left with nothing. That is what a prodigal heart does to a man. It reduces him from his place of honour. A servant gets a salary but a son gets inheritance.
The beautiful thing about the prodigal son in the bible was that he found the courage to come back. Take note of the following:
a)Don’t trivialize your training period. Joseph’s role was to prepare Jesus for manhood. Someone must name you into destiny. Your destiny father is someone who names you into your God given destiny. Benjamin’s father named him, “the son of his right hand” negating “child of sorrow” that his mother named him.
b) Your destiny father sows the right kind of seeds into your life.
c) Every son needs a father that will answer correctly for him the questions of life. Embrace sonship and fathering so as to get maximized in your life time and fulfil your destiny.
Prayer: Lord, I take authority over every spirit of the prodigal son and every force of wastefulness of time and purpose. I bind you and cast you out of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.