God manifests His loving-kindness in the morning and His faithfulness in the evening. You must be awake to receive the loving-kindness of God in the morning. The prayer that you pray early in the morning does a lot of things to you. It’s one of the curses upon human race, for a leader to feast in the morning when he ought to be maximizing the opportunities that the morning offers (Eccl.10:16-17).
We must be aware of some of the things that God does in the morning, so as to take heed to the opportunities that the morning offers us and effectively maximize it.
1. God visits His people every morning Job.7: 17-18. Will you be awake when He visits you?
2. God gives joy in the morning. Ps 30:5. You must lay hold on the joy that comes with each new day.
3. God opens our eyes to see visions in the morning Job.41:18, Hab.2:1-3.
4. God renews His mercies every morning. Lam. 3:21-23.
5. God gives the tongue of the learned, early in the morning. Isa.50:4. If you want to get the tongue of the learned, wake up early in the morning and hear the word of God (the written word of God, the Bible, and the spoken word of God).
Structure yourself in order to master key principles in life. Always wake up early. Give your best to the affairs of your life in the early hours of the day and in the morning years of your life. Your going forth in life should be prepared in the morning (Hos. 6:3). Set the tone for your day early in the morning, set the tone for your life early in life. Set the habits that will govern your life early in the morning years of your life. You cannot choose your future; you can only choose your habits, then your habits will become the vehicle that will carry you to your future.
Don’t waste your youth, invest it. It is your seed time for a great future (Eccl. 12:1). Harness life in the morning period. As parents, help your kids by harnessing them early in life. Don’t tolerate your kids over sleeping or being sloppy. Choose great friends, emulate great mentors. Get the right vision as a youth. Hab.2:1-3.
Prayer: Lord, help me to take heed to and maximize my morning; that I will be awake and alert to receive all the opportunities that you offer me early in the morning each day in Jesus’ name. Amen.