I explained to you yesterday that distraction is anything that can take your attention from the real thing. You should take a lesson from the life of Paul the apostle. In Philippians 3, Paul said “this one thing I do”. A man of focus is the man that will say this one thing I do. Let me show you some of the things that will keep you from distractions in life.
1. Know your calling in life: You must understand the specific call of God on your life. This will keep you from running another man's race. There are many people today who are running other men's race.
2. Understand your identity: One day, Satan appeared to the Lord Jesus and said, “If you are the Son of God…” The intention of Satan was to confuse Jesus of His identity in order to deceive Him. The beautiful thing however is that Jesus was never confused about His identity. He had no need to prove to the devil that He is the Son of God. You must understand your identity. God told Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1, “… I ordained you a prophet unto the nations”. Make sure you are not comparing yourself to any other person.
3. Know the main issue in your life now: God does not tell you what is next on your agenda, instead He tells you what is next on His own agenda for you. Whatever takes you from the agenda of God for your life is a distraction.
4. Separate the most important issues in your life from the urgent matters: Know what the important issue is in God's plan for your life now and follow it. The most important issue may not be the most urgent. Do not allow the devil to push you into what seems urgent but is not important so that you do not miss the timing of God in life.
5. Know your own people: There are people that God has ordained to help make your destiny to happen. When these men are absent in your life, wrong people will come into your life. The wrong people cannot achieve the right things in your life.
Prayer: Father, I receive grace in the name of Jesus to identify and receive the people you have ordained for my destiny. I will not be distracted from your agenda for me in Jesus’ name.