TRUE LEADERSHIP flows out of a genuine recognition, respect, accommodation and effective management of the law of differences. Leaders who treat differences in their team in the proper way achieve common and corporate goals. As a leader, increase your effectiveness by mastering how to look for people different from you who will add expertise and abilities to your team that you don’t have. Here are a few more truths I want you to understand:
1. Someone similar to you already has what you have so there may not be respect and unity between you.
2. To respect people correctly, always look for what is different about them. That is what you don’t have and may not have except you link with them. I tell people that in life you may discover that you only have half of what you need and you will find others who have the other half. You need to respect their half, acknowledge it and add it to your half in order to have a whole. The unfortunate thing is that some people despise the other person’s half and their journey is slowed down.
3. To respect yourself anywhere, find out what makes you different from others and don’t let anyone shift you from that. That is what makes you unique and that is what others do not have, and may never have, unless they respect you and reward you for it.
4. Never throw away your difference from others. That is your key to leadership and that is your merchandise at the negotiation table of honour!
5. In every class of beings, there is leadership. However, true leadership doesn’t dominate or control. Leadership is built around our differences.
PRAYER: Lord, baptize me with the anointing of recognition to walk profitably with all that You have sent into my life for my greatness.
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 12:1-14:11, Hebrews 7:1-17, Psalm 105:37-45, Proverbs 27:3