Today I will be concluding what I started on how to enhance your sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit in your life
7. Develop the fruit of the spirit according to Galatians 5. The fruit of the spirit help us to protect the voice of God in our lives and the direction and leading of the Holy Spirit. You can get so intimate with the Holy Spirit that the voice of God and the presence of God is so real that you are almost operating like a spirit among human beings.
8. Reduce emotionalism and human opinion from your affairs. The fear of man brings a snare. Emotionalism is the assassin of spirituality. God didn’t give you emotions to guide you. He gave you emotions to know things that are wrong physically.
9. Negative passions reduce spiritual sensitivity. Be careful of things that get you into anger. Anybody that gets you angry is reducing your spiritual sensitivity especially in close relationship. You cannot be 100% sensitive when you are 70% angry. The degree of your negative emotions is the opposite of your spiritual sensitivity. Protect yourself against negative emotions.
10. Beware of giving heed to lying spirit. Understand that God has a prophetic protocol of communicating with his ministers. Be careful and beware of strange prophesy that doesn’t follow scriptural protocols. Generally, God will not speak to you out of the blues. He will speak to you in the context of the known and provable in your life. God speaks to prophets about things they don’t know but they are prophetic revelation for prayers. Once you obey a wrong prophesy, you are going towards a wrong direction. God will speak to you from sources you can vouch for. God wouldn’t bring life changing directions through sources you can’t vouch for. When you are dealing with spiritual things, move from the known to the unknown. You are accountable to God for what you obey in the spirit. Sharpen your spiritual sensitivity.
11. Fasting Regularly. Fasting does not change God but it acts as a spiritual booster. It is a booster to any spiritual activity. It takes you deeper to a higher level in prayer, worship, studying the word. It enhances your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. Don’t forget that your greatness in life is connected to your sensitivity not your sensibility. The things that matter in your future, it is your sensitivity that will show them to you.
PRAYER: Lord, I chose to treasure your voice, your leading and presence above every other things in my life and Journey through destiny in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Bible in a year: Jeremiah 33:1-34:22, 1 Timothy 4:1-16, Psalm 89:1-13, Proverbs 25:23-24