Wisdom is an essential component of man’s destiny and purpose. No man will become anything serious in life if adequate attention is not given to wisdom. From the Bible passage for today, we see that by wisdom the Lord created the heavens and the earth. In fact, Proverbs 3:13-18 says, “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom … length of days is in her right-hand … and she is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her.” Beloved, you will begin to succeed when you start to prioritize wisdom in your life.
I want you to see the following things about wisdom:
1. If it is true that God made the earth with wisdom, then it is only wisdom that can unlock the secrets of the earth.
2. Only the wise can operate at the advantaged side in this life. Where wisdom is not prioritized, slavery is inevitable. Prov.24:5-7.
3. Wisdom, not colour, race, ethnicity, gender or location is the key to rulership in life.
4. Wisdom is the greatest need of a man and of a Christian on the earth (Prov. 4:5-22). In the school of life the name of the principal is Wisdom. You had better respect him or else you won’t ever make any significant progress in life.
5. It should be the outstanding pursuit of anyone on the earth. You must pursue it more than anything else. If you sit down and analyze the lives of so many people, you will discover that the problem they have is the wisdom problem. When you begin to pay adequate attention to wisdom, it will help you simplify your life.
PRAYER: Lord, show me every area I have not been taking advantage of wisdom in my life, show me the steps to take to do so in Jesus Name. I pray for grace from today on to pay adequate attention to wisdom in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Bible in a year: Ezra 8:21-9:15, 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, Psalm 31:1-8, Proverbs 21:1-2